This is the season for Jackfruits. Was wondering how appams would taste with the flavour of jackfruits. We usually make appams with bananas. Thought I would give our traditional appams a twist. The result was awesome!
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 cup Rice
- 7-8 Nos Jackfruit Pods Deseeded
- 1/4 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Ghee As Required
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours. Drain and keep aside
- Cut the jackfruit ino small pieces
- In a blender add the soaked rice, jackfruit pieces, cardamom powder, grated coconut and salt.
- Grind to a fine paste. The batter should not be too thick or runny. Transfer it into a bowl.
- Heat an appam pan and grease each mould with ghee. Using a spoon take a little batter and fill each mould with 3/4th of the batter.
- Cover and cook on a low flame or 3-4 minutes.
- Once the bottom is cooked gently flip it on the other side using a fork or a toothpick. Leave it for another 2-3 minutes on a low flame. Add a little ghee if necessary.
- Follow the same steps with the remaining batter, using ghee to grease the moulds each time.
- Serve as an evening snack, with a hot cup of tea.
3 Replies to “Jackfruit Appam”
The https://www.aidos.in website is one of the best we have found, and the Jackfruit Appam | Aidos article is very well written and
I want to share with you a link that also helped me a lot in cooking: https://bit.ly/easy-fat-burning-recipes
Thanks and kisses! 🙂
Unniappam/Paniyaram with a jackfruit twist 👍Superb…