A healthy traditional Mangalorean simple vegetarian dish using fenugreek leaves, potatoes and freshly grated coconut.
Methi Aloo with Coconut
- 1 bunch Methi leaves (Fenugreek) washed drained and finely chopped
- 3 medium Potatoes Boiled and cubed
- 1 large Onion Finely chopped
- 3 clove Garlic Finely chopped or grated
- 8-10 nos Curry Leaves
- 4 nos Green chillies slit
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Wash the Methi leaves (Fenugreek) thoroughly. to remove any mud particles. Chop finely and keep aside.
- Peel and cut the boiled potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, once it splutters add the curry leaves, garlic and the green chillies. Saute for a few seconds, and then add the chopped onions.Fry till it turns pinkish and then add the turmeric powder and salt.
- Next, add the potatoes and saute for some time, add in the fenugreek leaves and cook until done. Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve immediately with soft phulkas.