It is Holi and no Holi is complete without Thandai. How about Thandai as a dessert !
- 1/2 cup Brown Basmati Rice
- 3 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 12 nos Whole Almonds
- 7-8 medium Cashew Nuts
- 5-6 nos Pistachios medium slices
- 5-6 medium Cardomom Pods
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Crushed
- 1 tsp Saffron
- Wash the brown basmati rice and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Soak the almonds in water for 20 minutes.
- Bring the milk to boil, reduce the heat and keep it simmering. Drain the soaked rice and grind it very coarsely in a food processor. Add it to the milk and let it cook.
- Remove the skin from the almonds by gently sliding it off. Remove seeds from the cardamom pods. Add the almonds, cardamom seeds and the rest of the ingredients except saffron, to a food processor and grind to a coarse mix.
- Add this to the simmering milk and rice mix. Add the saffron too. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator. Pour into serving bowls and top with grated pistachios. before serving.