I had this urge to eat some restaurant style food. Searched on the net and found this recipe. If you love restaurant style dishes, this is a must try.
Paneer Do Pyaza
Servings: 4 persons
- 200 grams Paneer
- 3-4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 10-12 nos Cashew nuts
- 2 nos Onion Medium Size
- 2 nos Onions Small Size
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chilly Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 nos Green Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves
- Cut the paneer into 1" cubes
- Make a paste of the cashews nuts and keep aside
- Chop the medium size onions finely and the smaller onions peel it into petals
- In a pan fry the paneer on both sides, remove and lightly fry the onion petals till it becomes translucent,
- In another pan add 2 tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds
- Once it splutters add the onions and fry till light brown in colour, add in the ginger garlic paste and fry for about 2 minutes
- Add in the tomato puree and fry on a medium heat
- Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder and fry for some time.
- Add salt and the cashew paste, fry for some time. Add water and fry the masala till the oil separates.
- Add in paneer cubes, slit green chillies and the onion petals and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp kitchen king masala, mix cover and cook for few minutes
- Next, add garam masala and kasoori methi, mix cover and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped coriander leaves
- Serve hot with rice rotis or plain parathas.
Credits: Spice eats