A specialty of Mangalorean cuisine, it finds its place on special occasions.
Chicken Curry with Crispy Rice Roti
- 750 g Chicken Cleaned and cut into medium pieces
- 1/2 Medium Coconut Grated
- 5-6 Medium Dry Red Chilli -Madras
- 9-10 Medium Dry Red Chilli -Bedgi
- 2 tbsp Corriander Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Methi Seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper Corns
- 2 Medium Onions Sliced
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 3-4 nos Cloves
- 1 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 knob Tamrind Lemon size Knob
- 2 tbsp Green Masala Refer Green Masala recipe
- 2 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- Roast Grated Coconut until light brown in color.Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, red chilies and keep asideTake a little ghee and fry half of the sliced onions and garlic.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients along with the fried onion and garlic, turmeric, tamarind to a smooth paste adding water if required.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and saute the remaining sliced onions until light brown. Add tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes on a slow flame. Add chicken and mix well. Add the green masala, salt and a little water. Cover and cook on a slow flame.
- When the chicken is half cooked, add the ground paste and half of the coconut milk and stir well. Cook till the chicken is done.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with crispy rice roti.
This chicken curry can also be served with neer dosa, appam or rice.
3 Replies to “Chicken Curry with Crispy Rice Roti”
Can u pls teach me how to make Rothi at home. Rice Rothi. Cant buy from outside due to corona. M in Pune. I used to buy from Mangalore. Pls show me an easy way of making at home.
Hi, it is called as kori roti.. you might find its recipe online.
We can’t find it, can you please share the link of kori roti.